- 20-Feb-2013 to 21-Apr-2013 (PST)
- Campbell River, BC, CAN
- Company Name: Orca Point Resort
- Company Website:www.orcapoint.net
Perform any combination of light cleaning duties to maintain the private Arran Point Resort. This includes making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, and vacuuming among other tasks. This is a unique, seasonal position and while no formal serving experience is required, we are looking for individuals who suit the position and the work/life environment on Stuart Island.
Orca Point provides transportation to and from Campbell River to the Orca Point Resort on Stuart Island. Employees are provided with quality room and board, which comes with a workout room as well as television and internet. Shifts are 2 weeks on 1 week off, and days can range from 8 to 10 hours per day. There are numerous after work activities available as well.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms, and other work areas so that health standards are met.
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Replenish supplies, such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings