- 21-Feb-2013 to 22-Apr-2013 (PST)
- Golf Course Management
- Campbell River, BC, CAN
- Company Name: Orca Point Resort & Wildflower GC
- Company Website:www.orcapoint.net
The Orca Point Resort on Stuart Island is a private retreat. It encompasses two properties on the island as well as a 9-hole golf course. This is a unique, seasonal position and some landscaping or greens keeping experience is required. However we are always looking for individuals who suit the position and the work/life environment on Stuart Island.
Orca Point provides transportation to and from Campbell River to Orca Point Resort. Employees are provided with quality room and board, which comes with a workout room as well as television and internet. Shifts are 2 weeks on 1 week off, and days can range from 8 to 10 hours per day. There are numerous after work activities available as well.
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers, and axes.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Maintain and repair tools, equipment, and structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, and benches, using hand and power tools.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, and trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Maintain irrigation systems
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, and other grounds features.
- Water lawns, trees, and plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
- Care for natural turf fields, making sure the underlying soil has the required composition to allow proper drainage and to support the grasses used on the fields.
- Trim and pick flowers, and clean flower beds.
- Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
- Performing General Physical Activities
- Controlling Machines
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings