- 21-Feb-2013 to 22-Apr-2013 (PST)
- Food & Beverage
- Campbell River, BC, CAN
- Company Name: Orca Point Resort
- Company Website:www.orcapoint.net
The Orca Point Resort on Stuart Island is a private retreat. It encompasses two properties on the island as well as a 9-hole golf course. This is a unique, seasonal position and the right candidate will have formal training and several years experience cooking in kitchens, although those with camp-style experience are preferred. You would be using high quality ingredients and catering to a select clientele.
Orca Point provides transportation to and from Campbell River to the Orca Point Resort on Stuart Island. Employees are provided with quality room and board, which comes with a workout room as well as television and internet. Shifts are 2 weeks on 1 week off, and days can range from 8 to 10 hours per day. There are numerous after work activities available as well.
- Plan menus according to clientele's needs and dietary restrictions.
- Shop for or order food and kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Peel, wash, trim, and cook vegetables and meats, and bake breads and pastries.
- Prepare meals in private resort according to employers' recipes or tastes, handling all meals for the family and possibly for other household staff.
- Stock, organize, and clean kitchens and cooking utensils.
- Direct the operation and organization of kitchens and all food-related activities, including the presentation and serving of food.
- Specialize in preparing fancy dishes and/or food for special diets.
- Create and explore new cuisines.
- Plan and prepare food for parties, holiday meals, luncheons, special functions, and other social events.
- Serve meals and snacks to employing families and their guests.
- Travel with employers to vacation homes to provide meal preparation at those locations.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Monitoring and Controlling Resources
- Performing General Physical Activities
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Performing for or Working Directly with the corporate guests.
- Service Orientation
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management
- Active Listening
- Reading Comprehension
- Judgment and Decision
- Attention to Detail
- Customer and Personal
- Food Production
- Production and
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings