- 01-Apr-2014 to 30-Apr-2014 (PST)
- Golf Course Management
- Stuart Island, BC, CAN
- Company Name: Orca Point Resort
- Company Website:www.orcapoint.net
- Job Title: Resort Labourer
- City: Stuart Island
- Country: Canada
- State/Province: British Columbia
The Orca Point Resort on Stuart Island is a private retreat. It encompasses two properties on the island as well as a 9-hole golf course. This is a unique, seasonal position and the right candidate will have formal training and several years experience cooking in kitchens, although those with camp-style experience are preferred. You would be using high quality ingredients and catering to a select clientele.
Orca Point provides transportation to and from Campbell River to Orca Point Resort. Employees are provided with quality room and board, which comes with a workout room as well as television and internet. Shifts are 1 week on 1 week off, and days can range from 8 to 10 hours per day. There are numerous after work activities available as well.
- Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Assemble product containers and crates, using hand tools and precut lumber.
- Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment.
- Performing General Physical Activities - Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material - Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings - Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment - Running, maneuvering, navigating, or driving vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts, passenger vehicles, aircraft, or water craft.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength - The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Multilimb Coordination - The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Self Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
Tools & Technology
Tools used in this occupation:
- Hand trucks or accessories
Technology used in this occupation:
- Data base user interface and query software
- Industrial control software
- Inventory management software
- Spreadsheet software
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings