- 17-Feb-2014 to 30-Mar-2014 (PST)
- Golf Course Management
- Stuart Island, BC, CAN
- Company Name: Arran Point - Wildflower GC – Private 9-hole course
- Company Website:www.orcapoint.net
Job Summary The Wildflower Golf Club on Stuart Island is a private 9-hole resort course designed by the revered golf course architect Robert Trent Jones II. This is a seasonal position, but a tremendous opportunity to work for one of the most exclusive pieces of property in the province. This person will be involved in the maintenance inputs to the golf course while conserving and protecting natural resources. Preferably the candidate is enrolled in a post secondary turf management/horticultural program and/or has golf course maintenance experience.
Orca Point provides transportation to and from Campbell River to Orca Point Resort. Employees are provided with quality room and board, which comes with a workout room as well as television and internet. Shifts are 2 weeks on 1 week off, and days can range from 8 to 10 hours per day. There are numerous after work activities available as well.
- Minimum three years work experience gardening or at a nursery.
- Any Landscape design experience is also an asset.
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and edgers.
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, and parking lots, and spread salt in those areas.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing and removing thatch, and trimming and edging around flower beds, walks, and walls.
- Use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge and brush trimmers, and axes.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Multilimb Coordination - The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Control Precision - The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Static Strength - The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
Tools & Technology
Tools used in this occupation:
- Fertilizer spreaders or distributors
- Garden forks
Technology used in this occupation:
- Electronic mail software
- Operating system software
- Word processing software
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings